Enjoy our blog
-Eileen A Art

DIY:Jewelry Display I

This D I Y Jewelry display is made out of masonite board, it takes approximately 5 to 10 minutes to cut with a high speed power tool. 

Have your new jewelry display to show your recently made creations with this simple steps. Trace, cut, paint or upholster.




First let's review some safety measures to avoid any injury while you work. Have ready your safety glasses even if you wear glasses small particles from the board will fly with the wind and get in your eye.


DIY Jewelry Display
DIY Jewelry Display
Wear ear plugs to reduce the noise made by the power tools. If you have to cut several displays wear them like I did.  Otherwise you'll regret it.



DIY Jewelry Display
A dust mask will help reduce breathing dust particles, that are very hazardous to health.
There are specialty dust  masks  for different kinds of dust particles check the one you need for your project.
 
I'm not wearing the correct one but I placed another mask inside it worked just perfectly for this one time job plus I'm working out side.
DIY Jewelry Display
Asked at my hardware store to make the Masonite board panel into smaller planks of 24" x 8"; so I can cut them into smaller pieces with my sliding compound miter saw.(it depends on the store on how many cut they can make for you, be sure to take your exact measure). I need several jewelry displays of 8 inches wide and different heights.   
If you don't own a miter saw can be cut with a electric saw.


Place the template on top of the previusly cut Masonite board and trace. I'm using an old display as the template.

DIY Jewelry Display

DIY Jewelry Display

DIY Jewelry Display


The measurement of my display are 8 x 16, 8x10 and 8x8.
DIY Jewelry Display

Using a high speed cut out tool made the shape of the jewelry display.

DIY Jewelry Display
Almost done!

This masonite board displays is more durable than  others available on the market.


The jewelry display is ready to sand and finish with paint of upholstery and a stand.
DIY Jewelry Display

Thanks for reading our  blog; 
HAVE FUN AND CREATE!

Want to have fun and create too; don't miss our D I Y and tutorials . . .

"Imagine an it will become reality"