Enjoy our blog
-Eileen A Art

TV Cart


eileenas.blogspot.com

The DIY TV cart  is a very simple project  for those who have beginner level knowledge  working with wood. 







I went to the hardware store  very early in the morning after dropping off my daughter at school. 

Quickly gathered all the materials I needed for the cart. Casters, Liquid Nail, plywood and wood screws. I have paint at home so skipped the paint. 

Purchased a plywood used for construction. It does not matter to me that it has ruff texture, love texture , but it can be sanded an the texture becomes smother.

At the hardware store; Asked if they can make several cut for me ( that way saves me time, work and the allergy that I'm going to get if I do it myself, plus the cuts are perfectly straight ). Then went home to start my project.  And it came out just As I wanted it basic functional, movable around the house.

If you like to construct this simple  TV cart here are the instructions.


General Instructions

  • When you go to purchase your panel make sure that is straight.
  • Wear safety glasses and take the necessary precautions to work in a safely.

  • Work on a clean leveled surface, free of imperfections or debris.

  • Check for square after each step.

  • Pre-drill holes before attaching with screws

  • Use glue with screws for a stronger hold.

  • Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain.
  • Paint or stain in your favorite color.
  • Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it.



    Total Dimensions 20"x 48" x 18" 
    Total cost About $70 without finishing (already had it).

    4 pieces of 20'' X 48''  X 3/4
    2 pieces of 20" X 16" X 3/4
    2 pieces of 20"X 14" X 3/4
    4 rubber casters
    2 tubes Liquid Nail
    16  wood screws 1 1/2 "
    16 wood screws 1"

    Glue 2 pieces of the 20'' X 48''  X 3/4 and then the other two.
    Gather 1 pieces of the 20" X 16" X 3/4 and glue with the piece of 20"X 14" X 3/4 you will end with a 


    Finishing Instructions

    Preparation Instructions:

    • Fill all holes with wood filler and let dry. Apply additional coats of wood filler as needed. 
    • Let the wood filler dry completely.
    • Sand the project (when sanding it should be always done in the direction of the wood grain with 120 grit sandpaper).
    •  Remove all sanding residue. 
    • Wipe project clean with damp cloth. 
    • Finish that I used to give a splash of color to my project was: acrylic paint in rainbow color. Or if you are matching  it to your furniture using  Stain.


    HAVE FUN AND CREATE!


    No comments:

    Want to have fun and create too; don't miss our D I Y and tutorials . . .

    "Imagine an it will become reality"